- BA Hons in Counselling (University of Greenwich – First Class Honours)
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB)
- Awareness in Bereavement Care – accredited by Ascentis
- Certificate in Counselling – NCFE Levels 1, 2 and 3
- Dip HE Midwifery (Kingston University)
I have extensive experience of working with loss and grief. Besides working as a specialist bereavement midwife counsellor, I have offered counselling with Cruse Bereavement Care and am currently providing counselling at a local cancer unit and a children’s hospice.
Due to my love of learning and my commitment to offer the best possible care, I am committed to regular continuing professional development (CPD) training and workshops.
I am a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) to whose Ethical Framework and Code of Practice I adhere to.
I am fully insured and have a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) clearance.
Continuing Professional Development:
- Bereavement and Loss
- Grief and Complicated Grief
- Growing Around Grief (Lois Tonkin)
- Woking with Loss and Grief
- Trauma, Dissociation and Recovery
- Bereavement Counselling for Sudden Infant death Syndrome (SIDS) and Infant Mortality
- Working Creatively with Anxiety
- Perinatal Mental Health workshop
- Sand Tray training
- Working with Attachment
- Suicide and Dementia
- Regular attendance at RCM, SANDS and BLISS national conference